The Franklin County Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division in partnership with the Franklin County Bar Foundation is hosting a poster contest and an essay contest open to all 8th graders in Franklin County.
POSTER CONTEST 2023’s Law Day Theme is Cornerstones of Democracy: Civics, Civility, and Collaboration. Poster ideas: Ways collaboration is used to solve problems. –or- What does civility (or civic responsibility) look like to you? Poster contest prizes are $25 for 1st place, $15 for 2nd place, and $10 for 3rd place.
Poster Contest Rules:
- Posters should be 22” x 28” (standard poster size)
- Posters must be labeled (on the back) with Student’s Name, School Name, Teacher’s Name, and Teacher’s Email
- Posters must be turned into the Franklin County Bar Association by Thursday, April 6th to be considered
- Posters will be judged based on accurate representation of the theme, creativity, and visual appeal
- Prizes will be awarded at Law Day, May 26th at the Franklin County Courthouse (prizes for winners not present will be given to a teacher from the student’s school)
- Posters become the property of the Franklin County Bar Association and may be displayed in the Courthouse and on our website www.franklinbar.org
ESSAY CONTEST Pretend you are writing a letter to your representative or senator. Identify an issue in your community. What action do you want them to take to address it? Essay contest prizes are $200 for 1st place, $100 for 2nd place, and $50 for 3rd place.
Essay Contest Rules:
- Essays shall not exceed 250 words
- Essays must be emailed to the Franklin County Bar Association by Thursday, April 6th to be considered
- Essays will be emailed to the FCBA and include Student’s Name, School Name, Teacher’s Name, and Teacher’s Email (Please call 717-267-2032 for email information)
- Essays will be judged using a middle school writing rubric
- Prizes will be announced at Law Day, May 26th at the Franklin County Courthouse (prizes for winners will be sent after Law Day)
- Essays become the property of the Franklin County Bar Association and may be displayed in the Courthouse and on our website www.franklinbar.org